Saturday 17 September 2016

The Beginning...

I'm having a film night and I'm finding that so much of what I watch is mass produced and from the U.S.A. Disney - check! Generic action film - check! and so on and so on. So, I've decided to watch films from at least 30 different countries by the time I'm 30. So, to motivate myself I'm writing this blog - yes yet another blog flung out onto the internet that probably no one will read. Never mind.

Here I'll record some of the interesting films I've come across from around the world. This will exclude U.S. films for reasons explained above. British films will occasionally feature but since I'm British I feel it is slightly cheating...

So - sit back and look forward to being introduced to a strange comedy vampire documentary from New Zealand, super freaky Korean horror and comedy, heart-warming Japanese films with feminist touches, Chinese action, German thriller, French "WTF just happened" and a historic apparently lesbian Swedish Queen buried in the Vatican. This is what I've just seen so far but I've promised myself to watch films from at least 30 different countries by 30 that gives me two and a bit years, so who knows what else I might find!

If by some chance someone ever decides to read this blog feel free to fling suggestions my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment