Saturday 22 October 2016

The Girl King

Went to watch this on my birthday with my mother - then got very embarrassed when lesbian sex started. With that out of the way let me get started on the film...

This is a historical drama about a reforming unmarried Swedish Queen alone on the throne at the time of religious upheaval between Protestants and Catholics. This sounds a lot like Elizabeth 1st but with an addition - hence my embarrassment because I didn't know that. The addition being in reality Queen Christina was suspected to be a lesbian, in the film they make this explicit. For some reason even though English was a second language for the actors they mainly spoke English some intonation was off a bit which was off-putting. Loved the outfits though. Overall I'd rate the film a 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment